Head Chef/Kitchen Manager
We are excited to offer an exciting opportunity for an experienced Chef/Cook to join our small team at an exciting time of expansion for Heron Farm.
Initial salary: Salary 21-24k p.a. dependent upon experience
Hours: 40 hours per week, working 5 out of 6 operational days of the week, occasional evening special events. Weekends are an essential part of the role.
Heron Farm is a family-owned vineyard and orchard in Weston, Honiton (www.heron-farm.co.uk). We will soon be opening a café and small farm shop on site, and are looking for an experienced chef to manage the kitchen. A previous Head Chef role is not essential, but we will require someone who has experience on a busy line and the ambition to grow into the role.
The café will have a capacity of up to 100 (inside, and outside in our beautiful walled garden and play park) in peak times. We will soon be open 6 days a week serving breakfasts, lunches, delicious homemade cakes and desserts, and more with an emphasis on local, fresh and seasonal ingredients.
Our food is not out of a Michelin guide. You’ll won’t find foams and gels here, what we want is simple, fresh food perfectly executed to accompany a cold glass of delicious English sparkling wine.
We are now looking for a HEAD CHEF to work alongside our Manager to create something special at Heron Farm. You must have a passion for utilising all the farm has to offer; Apples, pear, quince, medlar, olives, herbs, seasonal vegetables, sweet chestnut, Szechuan pepper to name a few. We would love to see someone who can bring efficiency and creativity to the team.
You will have proven experience:
- In a busy high-volume restaurant or coffee shop operation.
- Of ordering and stock and waste control, with a focus on waste reduction.
- In designing and producing menus using locally sourced and seasonal produce while maintaining budgetary targets.
- Maintaining high kitchen standards through a HACCP framework and a recognised Food Safety qualification
- A passion for producing high quality food out of seasonal ingredients.
- A willingness to pitch in to get the business up and running. You will be asked to help with the final kitchen set-up and menu choices.
- Strong people skills and the ability to train, motivate and develop your team and liaise between both the front of house and kitchen teams.
- Desire to be part of a team, aiming to grow the business into the years ahead
Desired but not essential skills include:
- A passion for baking delicious cakes and sweet treats
- Circa £21-24k per annum, depending on experience
- Start date TBC, mid August
- Full-time / 40 hours per week, to include weekends and some evening work. (Mostly daytime hours 9-5)
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Enrolment into our Workplace Pension Scheme
Please email a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.